"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Friday, August 5, 2011

Mixology : Olive Oil and Conditioner Prepoo Love

source


Blessings and love beauties!

If you have been reading long enough, you'll know that I love pre-poo treatments and they have become an integral part of my regimen.

I have recently come up with another pre-poo mix that my hair [and I] are absolutely LOVING right now!

Here's the mix : 

● 1 part regular conditioner (any regular conditioner will do)

● About 3 parts olive oil 

[please note : I usually just eyeball everything]

I applied this on dry (slightly damp) hair and applied the mix.

I normally leave it on for an hour but I have noticed that the longer I leave it the better (the longest I've left it on is a bit more than two hours but this would be a great mix to leave overnight)! 

After waiting and rinsing with warm water, my hair is so soft, shiny and smooth it's incredible!

Leave it to olive oil to put my hair right!

[In fact, olive oil has to be the most underrated oil ever!]

What happens in fact is that olive oil maximizes the effects of the conditioner and seals in the moisture, it also penetrates the hair shaft and conditions the hair.

You can also use coconut oil for this mix but I have never tried it with it.

Right now, this is my favorite pre-poo treatment so far...

You can play around with the ingredients but I prefer more olive oil than conditioner.

The conditioner I use with this mix is a conditioner I don't use alone anymore...but I still like it for it's moisturizing and strengthening properties.


But hey, you're probably wondering why pre-poo or pre shampoo treatments are such a big deal right?
...If so, check out this post to find out why they are.


Do you prepoo?
 If not, why not? 
If so, what is your favorite mix?

♥♥

6 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try this tonight:)...thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't prepoo. Never had a reason to. But now I see the growth and techniques of sisters like yourself and I say if it works for them, it may work for me too. I am going to try it tomorrow. Peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tilly : Great sis!! It's a pleasure hun! :D

    @ Anonymous : Yes, please do! Peace and love back to you sis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great stuff. I get it some new information through this blog. Each and every day your blog having some new topic.

    web hosting india

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm late on this post but...I'm going to try this now! Lol. Thnx for sharing!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help sis!!
      Tell me how it goes!

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top