"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, July 25, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Òmìnira

source

 Òmìnira is the Yoruba word for freedom.


Freedom is a prized possession, a luxury not everybody has access to.

 Whether be in our jobs, our minds, our families, our societies...

we need òmìnira.

Many have fought with their lives, gave all they had for their òmìnira.

Òmìnira tastes good, feels good...no matter how small...but comes with a prize.

But the real fight we need to put up is the fight for the freedom of our minds. 

Physical òmìnira does not normally guarantee total òmìnira, rather when we have gaiend òmìnira in our minds, nothing can hold is down.

Remember : "...you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8 : 32)

The noun is : òmìnira and a simple sentence : "mo ti gba òmìnira mi" (I have gotten my freedom).


May God give us freedom.
Amen.

♥♥


1 comment:

  1. nice picture..good to see this here..well thinking of this one..thanks for sharing here with us

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top