"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ololufe

source


Ololufe is the Yoruba word for lover.

Ololufe is such a sweet word and I especially love savoring it in the Yoruba language.

Whomever the Ololufe is God has given you,  in whatever color or form they may be, may your love for each other and joy never run dry.

Keep them close, appreciate them, thank God for them, stay content...

Jesus is my the very first Ololufe of my life and He will always be, by His grace.

The noun is : Ololufe and a simple sentence is : Mo ni fe ololufe mi (I love my lover).


Hold on to your Ololufe 


♥♥

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog.I've been trying to learn yoruba for a while now cos i keep running into yoruba people and i need to understand the language.....so i'm glad you do this on your blog....very helpful.Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tilly!! Thank you!! I'm so glad the Yoruba Word Of The Week series is helpful to you! It is a pleasure sis! Thanks for stoping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Olo lu fe is Yoruba and I am American (African) and have learned enough to keep up with some conversing however, I desire to be totally apart of his world and continue to seek variuos sites toward becoming ONE with My Nigerian King (~_~)

    I share your message with HIM and love how you shaped up the love tone.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous : Hi. It't totally a pleasure! Glad it is of help :) God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. Beautiful word. I had to seek out its meaning after listening to flavour ft chidinma's song by this title. Love it. Am trying to learn Yoruba because my hubby is Yoruba. It's such a beautiful language. Please teach us some more. Learning his language makes our relationship so much more strong. God bless the work of your hands. Sorry for the long post

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top