"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Obirin


source

The Yoruba word for this week is obirin

Obirin is the Yoruba word for woman


We as obirin have been created by God beautifully,

we are good just the way we are,

we are good with what we have,

we have enough to influence our world for the better.

As obirin let us unite, encourage, empower and edify each other to be able to better fulfill our functions.

The noun is obirin. Here is an example of a sentence : obirin ni mi, that is, I am a woman.

May we be called blessed amongst awon obirin in Jesus name!

Amen.

♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Obirin ni mi!! Taking it back to the roots! I like! OBIRIN TO NE WA NI MI--> (I am a virtuous woman)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Yeah!! Gotta love the roots! THanks sis! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top