"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weight Loss : July Update

source

Blessings and love ladies!!

I pray all is well with you and yours...

It's been seven months since I embarked on a journey to a healthier body by learning healthy eating habits and making exercise a way of life.

To tell you the truth, it's really been a "up and down" journey and this last month has been the worst one of them all.


School ended last month, studying took over and now, though I'm still studying, I'm at home 80% of the time. 

I stood on the weighing machine last week or so ago and I found out I'd put on 1 kilo that's 2.2 lbs...

I was highly disappointed.

But with the disappointment came the revelation...

Since school ended, I'd stopped my normal walks to school, I'd stopped being very careful about what I ate, I'd started eating sweets again, I'd lowered my water intake...

By the time I counted them all...I was ashamed.

Ashamed yes but not beaten

All these habits I'd acquired are still here and I can still resist these things, it's just, being in school, having a busy life helped me discipline myself more.

I am currently drawing myself an exercising plan because I know it's the biggest contributor to my weight loss and without it, I cannot loose weight.

Yes, that's me. You see, I am not like everyone else in my house hold who can eat tons, not exercise and still not gain. What happens to me is different, I eat, I don't exercise and I gain. I don't eat much, don't exercise and at best I stay at a constant weight, I starve myself, don't exercise and I loose a bit. That last route was what I used to do back in the days and doing no more, that is not an healthy lifestyle. 

Exercise is my friend and is in fact, our friend.

I am not discouraged at all, rather, I feel challenged! I am going to start by working on exercising more and then tackle what I eat to permanently make this a way of life no matter what the season is or what's going on in my life.

This is my update for this month and I want to take this time to encourage all my ladies out there going through the same journey : don't give up!! It only gets better! How far you go is ONLY about how far you stay on the road! Do not be discouraged and stay in line! Remember your goals! It is very helpful to write down your long and short term goals because it is hard to get anywhere without goals!!

Well that's it for now!

Are you on a weight loss/healthier body journey? If so how is it going and what are your goals and tactics?

♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up sis! As you probably read on the other blog I don't really have much of a goal. Just trying to eat healthier and see how my weight will change as a result! I wish you the best! (BTW I added your new button!)



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis!! Thanks for the encouragement!! That's a goal though : making healthier eating choices...Thanks for adding my button!! It is much appreciated! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top