"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Soul Food : He Cares



 "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

- Luke 12 : 6 - 7

This is our scripture for the week.


These are the words of Jesus Himself. 
Here, He was talking to His disciples and the crowd that had gathered around them.

I really needed to remember this verse earlier this week, and because God knows everything and always wants what is best for us and seeks to comfort us because we are His children, He reminded me of it and took me to Luke 12.

Isn't is a consolation to know that the great God we serve cares for us that He as numbered the very hairs on our head. 

He cares for sparrows that are sold for two pennies per five, how much more us, His children.

Child of God, I don't now what you are going through, but all you've got to know is that 
He cares!!

Never forget it.

Sure sometimes it seems you are in whatever you are going through alone, as if God is not there at all but   "The righteous person faces many troubles, but the LORD comes to the rescue each time." (Psalms 34 : 19).

There are times when we feel so beaten by life, discouraged, like we have failed, disgusted, unwanted, alone...the list goes on...but never forget God is always there!

The enemy will use your downcast attitude to beat you down the more and lead you away from the father. He will tell you God doesn't care and this will only make you not want to pray the more and this will only aggravate the problem because remember : Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."  (1 Peter 5 :7)

We all go through trials but "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." (1 Corinthians 10 : 13). God will guide you through, if you just give it all to Him a 100% and let Him manifest himself in that situation. Do not loose hope, nor faith. it is not time to doubt, or else, you will sink (check out this post for more on this), no, it is time to hold on because recall "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31 : 6).

Please, do not let the devil beat you and get you down. I say this because these are things I have been through...times I have felt lower than dirt, more alone than being in a dessert, scared at madness...insanity was just a step away and then comes the devil, whispering all kinds, telling me I am not even sure He is there, that God cares, that maybe He's left and everything...that was my wake up call!
Recently this happened but, I got up, shook myself up and got on my knees to pray even though I did not feel like it. I remembered God's words and though it felt as if He was far away, I prayed because 
my feelings or emotions have nothing to do with it, no matter what, God is always there! 
No matter how we feel or whatever. 

Remember "...David encouraged himself in the LORD his God." (1 Samuel 30 : 6)

The only place you can find strength when you find you have no more is in God. It's not time to run away from Him, but rather, it is time to draw nearer ("come near to God and he will come near to you" James 4 : 8). 

Brothers and sisters, be encouraged!
Look to God! 
Do not let the devil lie to you and draw you away from God!
Read the word and get to know His will for you and what He is saying about that situation you are in!
Nothing else counts!

[Please check out the song above...it's a lovely song. Enjoy it and remember it]

Stay blessed brothers and sisters!
♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Thank you sis!! Likewise, God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and aprreciate the amazing flow of scripture Sis, it's inspiring! Thanks so much for this! I think we all needed it! Seriously, thank you, God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Someone who not only declares she is the wife of Christ but shares inspirational scriptures. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Emme : Glory be to God sis!!! Many thanks for your kind words! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ FunTó : Glory be to God sis!! So glad it was of help! Yes, we all needed it! Thank God! God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top