"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Skin Care : What Is My Skin Type?

source

Most of the time, we ladies try to establish a skin regimen without even knowing what type of skin we have.
This leads to bad choices in the products we use and how we take care of our skin. 

Before attempting to establish a skin care routine, try deciding what exactly your skin type is. 
There are majorly 5 types of skin and after a quick read, you should be able to know what your skin type is.


Normal skin : If you have normal skin, your skin is most likely to be soft and mostly smooth and free of blemishes. It doesn't feel dry or oily but moisturized.

Oily skin : If you have oily skin, your skin is oily, greasy, even without putting on creams. You have large pores and a number of pimples and when you make up, he grease from your skin melts the make up.

Dry skin : If your face feels tight and dry even after moisturizing sometimes, then you have dry skin. Lines appear easily on your face and you always feel a need to moisturize with a cream after washing.

Combination skin : If your forehead, nose and chin are oily and the rest dry, then you have combination skin. Please note that these two regions need different cleansing methods.

Sensitive skin : If your skin is easily irritated, you might have sensitive skin. Sensitive skin is more prone to acne, has large pores and is easily irritated under stress. Please note that if you have sensitive skin, you can have oily, dry or normal skin. Depending on how sensitive the skin is, the assistance of a dermatologist might be required. 


Please note that depending on the stage of your life and state of health your skin type can change.
To properly care for your skin, it is imperative to figure out what your skin type is. Do not attempt to try any new products or any new treatments without knowing your skin type!

What is your skin type and what are some of the ways you care for it?

♥♥

10 comments:

  1. can u state suggestions on how to care for the different skin types??

    My face is usually oily, the rest of my body is not :$ my nose is the shiny star lol.. I break-out the most when under-stress and when mother-nature calls lol...

    What do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis!! Sounds like you definitely have oily and sensitive skin! I can make a series for each skin type if you like...I would advice using products with antiseptic properties and staying away from the ones that can leave a residue (like a oily film). Try cleansing everyday (castor oils is great...stay tuned for the post about my oil cleansing method for more info)...and a light moisturizer like aloe vera gel will not leave any residue. Breaking out when you are stressed is one of the consequences of sensitive skin...just try to cleanse daily and stay cool ;)
    I hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask anymore questions you might have sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol thanks I have more questions.. soo I have tried everything literally.. (plus the natural products thing people talk about) but in my period of 'trying' my face just had a "break-out" explosion lol (literally)..

    .. .. so so you have an idea of what type of "ingredients" I should watch out for or stay away from in washers, toners, cleansers, lotion etc.. the rest of my body looks pretty good.. but my face mehn! I dunno what to say about it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome hun! LOL! Give your face a break sis!! What you should mainly watch out for are surfactants like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate...any foaming cleanser has them!! Avoid alcohols! Avoid products with synthetic fragrances, harsh preservatives and anything else you cannot really pronounce lol... I would say your skin cannot take most of the "products" sold in the market. Try some homemade recipes...I will be putting on more posts especially about homemade skin recipes..Don't hesitate to ask anymore questions you might have sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome post!!

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway contest!!

    http://coilymystic.blogspot.com/
    https://zoelove.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, i have dry skin. i just put lotion on but it doesnt work. HELP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tamara. Dry skin does not only need a moisturizer but a sealant, such as an oil or butter. Another thing is, most lotions on the market contain drying ingredients which is quite contradictory so their moisturizing effect is always temporary. Check out this post on more information about dry skin and this one for treatments against dry skin.

    Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask anymore questions you may have :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top