"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Summer Hair Regimen

source

Blessings and love beauties!!

I've been looking for and experimenting right and left with a hair regimen that is just right for my hair.

So after a few weeks, I finally got my regimen for the summer.


WEEK 1

● Pre-treatment : 

Products

- hot oil treatments

- Other prepoo treatments

Benefits

- moisture, mild strengthening, mild protein treatment


● Cleansing : 

Products 

- Omo Ogo Naturals Liquid Black Soap Shampoo

Benefits

- Mild Cleansing

Other treatments

- ACV Rinse

Benefits

Hard water build up removal/prevention, shine, mild detangling, pH regulation, itchy scalp, softeness


● Deep conditioning :

Products 

- Usually regular conditioner (belherbal), honey, olive oil, [recycled shea mix]

Benefits

- Moisture, protein


● Conditioning :

Products 

- Giovanni 50 : 50 balanced remoisturizer conditioner

Benefits

- Detangling, moisture


● Styling : 

Products 

- Omo Ogo Naturals Leave in Conditioner [+ oil (yangu, coconut oil, olive oil...)]

Others 

- Omo Ogo Naturals Shea Cocoa Hair Butter or/and homemade gel or/and coconut oil while styling


Benefits

- Moisture, silkiness, shine


 I go on to style (twists, flat twists, bantu knots...) with my personal principle in mind : minimum manipulation, maximum care before moving on to WEEK 2.




WEEK 2 :

Pre-treatment + Cleansing 

Products

- Clays, humectants and moisturizers

Benefits

- Cleansing, strengthening, mild moisture

Other treatments

- ACV Rinse

Benefits

- Hard water build up removal/prevention, shine, mild detangling, pH regulation, itchy scalp, softeness


Deep conditioning :

Products 

- Usually regular conditioner (belherbal), honey, olive oil, [recycled shea mix]

Benefits


- Moisture, protein


Conditioning :

Products 

- Omo Ogo Naturals Conditioner 

Benefits

- Detangling, moisture



Styling

Products 

- Omo Ogo Naturals Leave in Conditioner [+ oil (yangu, coconut oil, olive oil...)]

Others 

- Omo Ogo Naturals Shea Cocoa Hair Butter or/and gel or/and coconut oil while styling

Benefits

- Moisture, silkiness, shine

I go on to style (twists, flat twists, bantu knots) with my personal principle in mind : minimum manipulation, maximum care before starting the cycle again.



That's my regimen for the summer!

How has your hair regimen changed for the summer?

♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top