"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hair Update : Bantu Knot Outs - It's Been A While


Blessings and love beauties!!

Another quick update...



Yesterday, after washing my hair, I put in some bantu knots...

Quite frankly, it's been months since I've worn bantu knot outs! 

I remember how I used to get a curly fro with my bantu knot outs in my TWA days...



I didn't really know what to expect on my not so TWA other than some curls and mild shrinkage...
but when I took out knots I was quite pleased!!


I do like the look, in fact a lot and I think I've stumbled upon a staple hair style!

I'm a sucker for almost anything (especially a hairstyle) old school-looking!

I am also quite amazed at how many compliments I got...I mean they weren't so many but more than usual for me on one day.



It's an easy style really!
A few minutes, 2 pins and one accessory and bam!

I am putting up the tutorial on YouTube so you can check it out.
I've also already put up the video on How I Do My Bantu Knots.
I will be trying to improve on the style and I'll be updating you!



Do you wear bantu knots? If so how often and in what style?

♥♥

13 comments:

  1. It is cute! Now I want to experiment! SN: You always look so happy in your pics, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kiianah!! Please do experiment and tell us how it goes!! SN: lol that's a first!! I just simply love the flashing of the camera lol jk!
    I guess I'm just so thankful to God He made me like He did...and never in a thousand years would i have thought our hair could be beautiful...
    Thanks sis :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I have one side braided and the hair I have left out I put it in Bantu knots:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds gorgeous sis!! Any pics??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks really great! I wear bantu knot outs sometimes, but not too often because English weather is so two-faced no hairstyle lasts too long :D I usually wear my bantu knots in a puff but I might try it in a different style next time as your turned out really nice. Thanks for sharing this and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this! It's simply GORGEOUSE! You look amazing! And the oldschool look suits you soo much! T'es vraiment chou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried this last night but as I told you, my permed hair was too damp! and didn't put gel. Will do it again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sis!! Thanks sis!! We will be working on that ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Serenity Spot : THank you sis!! Yes, I understand what you mean...It's a pleasure sis! Please keep us updated on how it goes! God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is my favorite style on your, super cute! Flirty and demure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ The Retro Natural : Thank you so much sis!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top