"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hair Update : Rhassoul Clay Weekend

source

Blessings and love beautiful ladies!!

Yes, been gone a few days now...but I have repented :)

Moving to my hair...as I mentioned on two posts ago, I've just been wearing it in puffs after taking out my twists and by the time it was wash day, it really needed a treat.

So in the quest to treat my hair to some much needed moisture and nutrients, I decided to try something new :



a rhassoul clay mask

I've a number of things about rhassoul clay according to the testimony of other naturals and research, it has nothing but good things for our hair. To start with, rhassoul clay is a dull green clay (sometimes dull brown) found in Morocco and is also known as ghassoul clay or Moroccan Lava clay.

Here are a few ways in which rhassoul clay benefits the hair :

● strengthens
● cleanses profoundly (especially good for sisters who don't use shampoo or do not shampoo often)
● moisturizes
● enhances volume
● gets rid of dandruff

Here's what I did :

I mixed 1 part of rhassoul clay with 3 1/3 of coconut cream. I then mixed together to get a thick paste. I applied it all over my hair, from the roots to the very ends and covered with a plastic cap. I waited for about one hour before rinsing. 
I used it as a prepoo and did everything else after washing it out.

Here are my results :

● hair felt strong
● hair felt soft
● hair was moisturized
● hair felt clean (but not stripped at all)

Generally, I am very pleased with my experience with rhassoul clay. I do believe it's something that needs to be integrated into a hair regimen to get long lasting and more evident results. Please note that I used it before shampooing. Normally, you don't need to shampoo after using rhassoul, in fact, it's known for it's deep cleansing. So if you want to take a break from your shampoo, try rhassoul clay!
Thumbs up to rhassoul clay! 

Have you used rhassoul clay? If so, how did you use it, when and with what?

♥♥






3 comments:

  1. Nice to hear your positive results. I have been wanting to incorporate the clay into my regimen. Where did you buy your clay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definetelyy gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shalea : Hey sis!! Yes please do try it! I ordered it online. I don't live in the States but I got it in ww.waroma-zone.com

    @ Mrslidya : yes please do sis and tell us how it goes ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top