"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hair Update : Kiki's Ultimate 'Fro Challenge Entry Fail



Hey ladies!!

Another update about my hair.



Here's what I did :

● parted my hair in horizontal sections starting from the back

● moisturized each section at a time with my daily spritz and rubbed about a dime size amount of hair butter on each section 

● detangled lightly before braiding

● twisted the end of each braid

● covered my hair with my satin bonnet and went to bed

● i took them out today


Results :

Well...I got something in between a bad braid out and a not so successful afro. I didn't pick my hair out because as you all know, I don't use combs but after this incident, I will have to find a way to do so!!
I am a bit disappointed about not entering Kiianah's challenge and giveaway but it just gives me a chance to get creative and work towards getting myself an afro even without a comb.

But I did decide to do a quick puff and make a photo shoot out of it. 

Here are some of the pictures I took :




How do you achieve your 'fro if you are on a no-comb regimen?
 Any tips for me?

♥♥

10 comments:

  1. Funbi, this is not a fail! Girlie, your puff is too cute, I can never get my 'fro puff so full! Change that title from #fail to #WATCHOUTNOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Thank you so much Kiianah!! You are so swweet! Since I couldn't get a 'fro I wasn't sure if I could still enter the challenge so I called it a fail ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can sis! ;) It's an "afro puff" and I'm accepting all variations on the fro! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! REALLY!! I AM SO THRILLED!!! YES! :D THANKS KIIANAH! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely puff! To get a fro on my no-comb regimen, I pick apart a braid out until there is no defintion left, spritz with water and pat it into shape. It takes a bit of finesse but works fine. I've also got a good "blow-out" fro with banding in small sections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks sis!! wow, thanks for the tips sis!! I am still working towards getting a full fro without a comb!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top