"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DatFunkyFro News : Tagged - Why I Write!







The lovely Kiianah of Rockin' it Napptural  recently tagged me to share with you lovely ladies why I write.






The truth of the matter is, I love writing. 

Writing started for me early in middle school during writing workshops and soon, I took a liking to it and it became an hobby fast. So much so that I started writing my own short stories and swapped with my baby sister who was also doing the same. 

I loved writing my own stories because I loved reading and making up my world, situations, characters and  the rest.

But generally, I love writing, whether it be a story or not. In fact, it's only been recently that I noticed how much I also loved writing about everyday stuff, sharing my thoughts etc. It was only when I started my blog that I realized how much I loved writing about my hair and informing other naturals on what I was learning and doing...

It felt great to share.

Seriously it did.

The satisfaction of writing a post about this or that for the benefit of others is amazing.

Here are the main reason why I write :

I write to educate, inform and emancipate.

 I write to share my thoughts, to discuss pressing matters and address issues that are really hot on my mind

I love to hear from others. In fact, if you didn't know, writing is a way to learn from others. I increase in learning by all your lovely comments and discussions.

I have so many things to say...sometimes I feel like getting up in the middle of the night and write it all down

Here are my pearls of wisdom :

Matthew 6 : 34 - "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own". Why worry? Worrying does zero good to the health and changes absolutely nothing and as the Bible has rightly pointed out, "each day has it's own trouble of it's own". Instead of worrying, press on forward.

Psalm 27 : 1 - "The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?" Do not fear, not be shaken, do not be afraid. The world might shake, tremble and over turn for all I know but something's certain, the Lord is my salvation, always and in Him will I always trust.

Keep yourself educated. I do not believe in going with whatever the media or the crowd is saying. I do not go with their flow, but rather, inform myself and know what is really good for me. As we all know, and is one of my slogans, "knowledge is power".

So the end of the matter is : live, love, laugh... and give all the Glory to God!!


5 other bloggers I tag :

FunTò of Tell The World

Precious of Precious Curls



Tinuke of Coily Bella Haven


The rules

Share why you write

Share your three pearls of wisdom

Tag 5 other bloggers!!


Thank you Kiianah for giving the chance to share this lovely post!


Have fun!!

♥♥

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you had been! I always love reading your posts Funbi, very informative and I'm always learning something new! Your first pearl of wisdom came right on time for me! I am guilty of worrying, sometimes way too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could say the same about your lovely posts too sis!! I think we have all been guilty of worrying at one point or the other! But don't worry sis, Jesus' got your back all the way! So glad to be back Kiianah! Thanks for all the support and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurl you are rocking that scarf!!!!

    http://coilymystic.blogspot.com/
    https://zoelove.bigcartel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw thank you for tagging me! I gotta work on my post :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top