"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, May 16, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Òré


Òré is the Yoruba word for friend.

Òré could be anyone...

a mother, brother, sister, stranger or even a spouse.


Òré is true, always there, never scarce...I'm talking about the real deal not what the world calls 'friendship' these days...no, that's the abused version...I'm talking about someone you can trust, call up at one in the morning, rely on, run to, pray with and for...

We all need a Òré, no matter what we tell ourselves...

we need a Òré  to talk to, cry with, walk with, laugh with, eat with, sit with, be silent with...

Whom ever your Òré is, hold on to them...

....pray for them in their short comings, their trials, keep them close and never take them for granted...

God bless you all richly sisters!!

♥♥

3 comments:

  1. This is so touching. I pray for a Òré just like you have described

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow really?? Ekabo o! Thanks for passing sis!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top