"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ilé

source

Ilé is  the Yoruba word for home.

What a place to be!!

There truly is no place like my Ilé.

I know it inside out, I understand it, I live it; it's my haven, my hideout...it's where I can relax in all safety and assurance;

It's where I can always go, to hide, to seek, to find, to pray, to be and to let be;

It's where I know I can chill, take a deep breath, start over, release

...It's my abode...

May our Ilé never be taken or removed from us and may God keep them.

May God protect, shelter and provide for those that are being displaced due to consequences of war and natural disasters all over the world. 
Amen.

Stay blessed and keep it funky sisters!
♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top