"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Soul Food : Permanent Confidence In Christ

"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

- Hebrews 4 : 16

This is our verse for the present week.

It's amazing how, after doing a certain wrong, or falling into temptation, we feel so bad and so terrible and the last thing we think of doing is going to the Father.
It really doesn't feel like the right thing to do...We tell ourselves, "God hates me right now, I'm the last person He wants to talk to..."

But the truth of the matter is that, it's not so. Brother Paul says in Hebrews 4 that we should approach God's throne of grace with confidence...Hold up...I know you're asking yourself "does this apply to me? After all I've done..."
Um...yes. Because the latter part of the verse says, "so that we may receive mercy and find grace in our time of need".

When is are we in need? 

When we are feeling discouraged; feeling sinful; feeling unwanted; feeling tired of the race etc. Whatever the case and whatever the need, it says we should come to "God's throne of grace with confidence".
I rejoiced when I read this passage...and though I have to remind and re-reming myself of it's existence, it's a powerful verse to know.
You know how the devil always comes creeping up telling you, you a sinner and God doesn't want you, well, it's time to tell him where the door is, because  WE KNOW the TRUTH! God will always receive us if we come to Him, with the confidence we have in Christ (Philippians 3) that comes not form the flesh, but the Faith and Hope we have in Him ("Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold" - 2 Corinthians 3 : 12). 

Don't let NOBODY tell you, you are dirty, sinful, lost, unwanted...That's the devil's lie from pit!! He will do anything to separate us from Christ but as it is written in 2 Chronicles 7 : 14 “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 

Yes, if you turn to God in all humility and seek His face and approach His amazing throne of grace He will hear you and heal your broken heart, rebuild your mind, take away the guilt and give the grace to continue in His will.

The truth of the matter is, without His grace, we cannot be or even serve Him so therefore, it is IMPOSSIBLE to say "oh I have sinned, or I am lost...I will try and work it out on my own then get back to God..."

Be bold, and no matter what is going on, come to Him...We are "the righteousness of God through Christ..." "For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ." (2 Corinthians 5 : 21). Christ has already gone before us to make the way for us to the throne of God, we have been reconciled to the Father through Him and nothing we do can shut this door...I mean we have been made co heirs along with Christ ("Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8 :17). Who can ever take that away?

He is always here...Be confident in what you have received, what we have all received to the glory of God and approach in all humility, our Father, from whom alone we can receive what we need.

May God help us! 
Amen.

God richly bless you all!
♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this encouraging message. I can confidently approach his throne of Grace no matter how I am feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top