"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, April 4, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Irin Àjò

source

Irin Àjò in Yoruba means journey.

This is another example of a word the a has a deeper, profound meaning to me in the Yoruba language than in the English.

We are all on a Irin Àjò no matter how insignificant it may seem. 
Wether it be a Spiritual journey, a Natural hair journey or simply, a journey towards a certain goal.

All I know is, when I hear that word, Irin Àjò, I think of something so deep, so serious and a walker, the person taking the journey, searching...

When we are on a Irin Àjò, whether physical or not, we are searching for something...a destination, a point, a level...The only way to get it is forward so no matter what we meet on the road, obstacles great or small; pits or holes, we have to get over them, pass them, move forward, to have any reassurance of reaching what we are journeying for. A Irin Àjò only sees it's end after and only after we've obtained that thing we were walking towards. 

May God help us, on our different Irin Àjò through life.
Amen.

Stay blessed and funky sisters!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. You are very spiritual and enlightening please keep doing what you do for God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sis!! Glory be to God Almighty!! I really appreciate your love and kind words!
    God bless you richly!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top