"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, April 18, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ìrètí

source


Ìrètí is this week's yoruba word and it's the translation of hope in English to Yoruba.

This is yet another example of a word I feel has more meaning, weight, substance in Yoruba than in the English equivalent.

Ìrètí, in Yoruba is waiting on someone, or something, looking on forI believe the word means much more than what we use it for daily. 

Hoping in something or someone has a deep meaning to me, it means believing in that thing and waiting for it; giving our time to wait all the while believing.

Do we have partial Ìrètí or some Ìrètí?

When you make up your mind to hope in something, it is much better to fully do so than being half minded.

Be full of Ìrètí, for everything you believe in, for everyone you love and for everything you know.

May God richly bless you all!!

♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top