"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Adé


Adé is the Yoruba word for crown.  

Apart from it's plain and simple meaning, there are many metaphors linked to this word.


For example, a man is called the adé of a woman

What's more, children are often named, adé for example, Adéola (crown of wealth) or Adéwalé (crown has come home).

It is good to also know that there are still many royal families in the Yoruba territories and many crowns being passed down to generations and many being crowned!


May God bless you all richly!

Stay blessed and keep it funky!!

♥♥

4 comments:

  1. Oh! I love love the hair... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God is my Ade....love that word!
    Nice job sis.
    thanks for the award...sorry I havent done a post yet, I promise after finals I will do the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes oo!! Jesus is our Adé!
    It's a pleasure sis!! Pray you ace your finals!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top