"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's Been Going On? : Amazingly Awesome Weekend!!



Sunday morning check up;)


Good day to you all beautiful ladies!!

I pray all is well with you all, body, soul and spirit. 

I know I've been gone some days now but it has not been intentional...it has been a very long weekend!!


You got it!


Firstly, HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!! 

‎"Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." John 19 : 30

May God impart on us the profoundness of what JESUS did on the cross!!

Secondly, HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY AND MONDAY!!!

"On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.They found the stone rolled away from the tomb..." Luke 24 1-2

Thank God JESUS has risen and is alive!! This is the very basis of our FAITH!

I hope you all had a great Easter celebration with your family, friends and loved ones!!

Okay so here's what I did :

Friday : Good friday holiday at home.....AND....MY BIRTHDAY!!! I Had an awesome time with family!!! Went to work later on and celebrated some more at home!!!  Washed my hair and did the rest...Guess what?? I got my hands on the NIKON I'd been praying for...though it wasn't a gift but rather a family thing, I am soo soo grateful to GOD that I will be taking better pictures and making better videos!! 
I was touched by all the messages, calls and the rest I got, I truly pray God blesses everyone for the LOVE they showed!!

flat twists - trying out new camera ;)

Saturday : Awesome time practicing with the choir at church!! Came back home and put in some flat twists and two strand twists for the next day!!



Sunday : Amazing time of praise and worship and then...BIRTHDAY PARTAYY!!! Invited a few people over and had a WONDERFUL time!! Seriously sisters, it was just AMAZING. I haven't had a birthday party since I was six I think and it was actually my parent's idea and they did everything along with my baby sis but I am so glad I agreed to doing it because I was floating that day...If I could have invited y'all beautiful sisters, I would but plane tickets will not permit ;)

My awesome family!♥


Do I feel different? Truthfully, I do.

What I'v learnt

• During this weekend, I heard of a series of deaths...one was someone I knew and the rest were friends of friends...I started to think and ponder hard...I said to myself, what if I died tomorrow, what would happen, where would I go, to the Father? Seriously, this is no joke, I truly felt God was trying to make me realize it was ONLY BY HIS GRACE that I have made it thus far. I have thus learnt that MAKING THE MOST of EVERYTHING, not COMPLAINING, BEING THANKFUL, GIVING GLORY TO GOD, FORGIVING and just LOVING EVERYONE AND ANYONE is GOD's will and is the right way to live!! I truly appreciate life and THANK GOD for all I have and all I am!! 


• I AM NEVER SHAVING MY LEGS AGAIN!! Frankly, I normally don't and it's been AGES since I last did. So on Sunday, afraid my dress would reveal part of my legs, I rushed to the bathroom and put on some coconut oil (i read it somewhere it can be used to shave...) on my legs and shaved with a razor...MAJOR MISTAKE...I had so many cuts I had to sit in the bathroom and continually place disinfectant and cotton wool over my legs...URGHH!! When I put on the dress, I found it concealed everything!!


• Live a full life, impact those around you, be a blessing, love and be at peace, do ALL you want to do!!!

Ladies, this is my motto right now and I am living by it from now on by HIS GRACE!!


I have really had a GREAT time!!

I have missed blogging and earnestly THANK GOD for your lives!!

Thank you all for the support, love and care!! Big THANK YOU to all my new followers and old ones alike!

May God bless you all richly!!

I also want to take a quick time out to say MANY MANY thanks for all those that made my day so AWESOME, especially my parents and baby sis for truly making it a memorable day!! I love you all beyond expression and I will never take you all for granted again. This has been an awesome show of love! THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!!

Stay blessed and keep it funky!

♡♡

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!

    I am glad you had a wonderful and blessed time. You look absolutely beautiful. Loving the hair and the outfit!

    Great post:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Funbi! It looks like you guys had a great time *sorry about the razor cuts!*



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ms. Cee C : Thank you sis!!!! God bless ;)

    @ Precious : Thanks hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Funbi!!! What a beautiful post. Yes, it is by God's unchanging love, mercy and grace that each of us are able to walk this earth eveeryday. It's important that we remain humbled and not forget that! Congrats on the new camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kiianah!! I truly appreciate the love and care! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Hun!
    Love love the dress on u!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top