"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weight Loss : April Update


source


Three months down the road, and I am still working towards that healthier me. 
This month has been particularly less good when it comes to my achievements yet I have been feeling much lighter and much more healthier than I've felt in a while. My bad reflexes are practically gone and I am making better choices now on a daily basis.



Here is  quick résumé of everything : 

What I wanted to achieve :

* only drink water
* make eating fruits and vegetables a permanent habit
*  Walk everyday
* Avoid fried food as much as possible
* loose at least 2 kilos/4.4 pounds


What I achieved :


Only drink water : I drink water every day and cannot go out without taking my water bottle along. I can say that apart from milk and pure orange juice, I only drink water.

* make eating fruits and vegetables a permanent habit : I am now a lover of fruits and vegetables and eat averagely, at least five per day, I enjoy this so much I always find myself grabbing a fruit when I go to the grocery store.

*Walk everyday : I choose the stairs instead of taking the lift; I go up and down the stairs a lot at work; I walk at least 15 minutes a day. All this still holds.

*Avoid fried foods : I have lessened my intake of oily/fried food but I am yet to stop completely. During this month in particular, I was not too strict on myself about this.

loose at least 2 kilos/4.4 pounds : This goal, I did not achieve this month. I was not surprised, I am just glad I haven't put anything on. So this means, I have kept my weight constant from last month. I am a bit disappointed but all the same I am relived I did not put anything on.


What I did :

* I walked at least 15 min a day
* I ate more fruits and vegetables
*I substituted fruits for candy
*I ate cookies and cereal with a lot of fiber and no/less sugar (whole wheat)
*I ate food that had lots of water in it
*I drank lots of water


This month was another month  in which I exercised my new routine and tried getting more used to it and making it a habit. I am not surprised I did not loose those 2 kilos/4.4 pounds but I am more than happy I have not put on any excess weight. I have to admit, this past month, I was more or less ignorant when it came to other issues. For example, I ate too much cookies and indulged myself in fatty foods, and forgot to consider the repercussions on my health and weight or took them too lightly. Evidently, since the amount of exercise I do has not changed, I have clearly slacked in my eating habits. Nevertheless, I am still on my journey and have not in any way forgotten or given up everything or anything I've learnt. I am presently determined to stick to my new found healthy eating habits this month and really work on not swaying every now and then. I do feel great though and I have lost a part of my tummy; i feel so lighter and I can easily walk up the stairs without panting like I've been running a marathon, in fact, yesterday, I climbed the stairs all the way to the floor above mine and was shocked to see I'd passed my apartment without noticing or even feeling tired!

If you are also a similar journey, all I can say is to not relent, encourage yourself even when you face set backs, and keep on going! A durable weight loss journey takes time, perseverance and determination!
As you can see, I am not opting for a "quick diet" or a "quick loose", I really do not believe in that, but I am working towards a way of life that will not only benefit me now, but in the long run.

Do share your additions, suggestions, experiences and love!

Stay blessed and keep it funky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top