"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Soul Food : Crown Of Righteousness

"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

- 2 Timothy 4 : 8

This is this week's portion of the scripture.

Brother Paul boldly says here, that there is a Crown of Righteousness waiting for him but he is also carful to say that this crown is not only for him but also for those that "have longed for His appearing."

When I read this verse, I felt a bit ashamed. I mean, I looked at Paul's life and thought, "I haven't been living in chains for Christ, I haven't gone up against danger and death for his sake like Paul..."but the truth of the matter is, you don't have to live a life identical to Paul's life to get the Crown of Righteousness. 

Paul said in verse 7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

So it is clear exactly whom is eligible to get the Crown of Righteousness : anyone who continues in their faith without wavering, fainting, doubting but rather who has longed with all their heart to please the Father and to see the return of His Son Jesus Christ.

You might say, of course I long for His return! But this is not an automatic thing for many of us, because of the love of the world or our running after the world!  As 1 John 2 : 15 says, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him".  For when we have the love of the world in us, we do not desire God, or His Son not to talk of long for him. The end result will be to backslide and thus fall away from the Faith and the path to life! 

May this not be our portion in Jesus name.

As Paul kept the Faith and kept to doing the things of the Father, his longing for Jesus' reappearance grew in Him! By Him, he was continually transformed and his mind renewed.

So do not think it is by yourself that you will long for Jesus' amazing reappearance for "The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." (Mathew 26 : 41) but it is by His power and truth!

Let us fill our lives with Him, with His word and everyday live as if we are living our last day on earth, as if at any moment, the trumpet will sound and He would come, and let us look to this day with tremendous joy, when we will be at last, called home by our wonderful Savior to live with him in peace for eternity!

What a day!

COME LORD COME!!

May God help us and give us the love and longing of His reappearance so that we may be eligible for the Crown of Righteousness!!

Amen!!

What a truly awesome thing it would be to be received by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at His coming and be presented this crown!!

May God richly bless you all!

Go in His amazing light!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top