"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mixology : Yogurt and Honey Prepoo Love


source

Hi ladies!!

Here is a prepoo mix my hair absolutely loves!



If you've been reading long enough, you'll know I love prepooing but not just for the fun of it, prepooing has great benefits for the hair if done right (please consult this post for more information).

At the beginning of my natural journey, I was pretty much confused and tried a bunch of things, now, I have to admit, I tried some useless things, in fact, loads of them but I did learn a few useful things (trial and error right?)

One of the things I tried and never imagined I'd try in my hair is yogurt.

Here's what I did :

- Got a whole cup of natural full fat yogurt

- Added about two tablespoons of honey

- One tablespoon of olive oil

I mixed them all together. I then applied some to my hair (from root to ends) and covered my hair with a plastic cap. I rinsed it out with warm water after thirty minutes.

Results? 

My hair felt so soft and moisturized and ready to face all the washing to come.


I really like the prepoo mix and though I haven't used it for a few weeks now, it's still something I can always fall back on. You can play around with the ingredients and add other oils or even your regular conditioner. This mix is so good you can even use it as a deep conditioning treatment.


Yogurt is a natural source of proteins and thus helps strengthen the hair and keeps the strands intact.
Honey is great for moisture because it is a natural humectant (traps moisture).
 Olive oil is a natural conditioner that helps soften the strands,  strengthen it. It also traps moisture in the strands.

Do share your suggestions, experiences, additions and love!

Stay blessed and keep it funky sisters!




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a yummy mix, thanks for sharing!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to really get down and dirty with yogurt. I'll have to try this. Thanks sis, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. could you use protein as a prepoo treatment? Cause I know that yogurt is supposed to be used for strengthening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kiianah : Thanks sis!! Have a blessed weekend!

    @ Tinuke : There's no reason why not. At least, I have tried it before. Though you have to know that the main goal of a prepoo should be moisture. However, a major protein treatment (like for example using aphogee) is best done in between the shampooing and the conditioner.

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top