"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, March 14, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ayaba

source



Ayaba is the Yoruba word for queen.

What a beautifully majestic word.

An ayaba is not only found in the king's palace but any woman with the right virtues can be a an ayaba.

I see nearly every woman as a ayaba.  

She doesn't have to wear a crown over her head or bead as they do in Yoruba palaces, yet in her walk, in her talk, her way of life and the things we does, you know she is surely an ayaba.


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful description of Ayaba! I also love that picture. I love your Yoruba word of the week...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hun...I gave you a lovely blog award. Please check out my blog for more information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for all the kind words sis!! And thank you so much for the blog award!! I am totally honored and going to check it out right away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looking at the name I was assigned for comments, "Guru." My father gave me the nickname Guru when I was a little girl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looking at the name I was assigned for comments, "Guru." My father gave me the nickname Guru when I was a little girl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top