"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hair Update : Untwisted



Exactly two weeks and two days later, I say good bye to my small twists.



It has been a great period and I have to let you know, this is the longest I have ever rocked twists or any such protective style for that matter. I was surprised the twists still looked so shiny though a bit fuzzy. 





The flat twists on the other hand were starting to look too fuzzy and new growth was starting to cover the parts. I have really enjoyed this hair style and the liberty of not having to worry about my hair for two weeks at a time!!!





Here are the styles I rocked with the twists :

with pompadour




front twists swept to the side :





front twists swept forward into a fringe :






I have enjoyed the versatility of two strand twists and the minimum manipulation!

And I have also loved playing with the different looks! 

Something that shocked me as I took to taking out my twists was the fact that my hair had grown so much in such a short period of time. 



If you look at the strands I am holding up on the pictures below and above, you'll see that the roots are not twisted, that's the growth I'm talking about. In all, I have attained at least 0.4 inches of growth in two weeks and a few days!!! This is huge proof to all of us that hair grows, it's just up to us to do all we can to retain the length!


As I have said before and will keep saying, protective styling is the HIT! Wash day is coming soon but by the grace of God, I'll be back protective styling very soon! 
What I especially love about protective styles is the little to no manipulation that comes along with it !



I do have to admit that, when I was taking out the twists, I realized just how small they were, point of correction, they are mini twists not small twists! I don't know how I ever got myself to do them because I always used to shy away from mini twists but it was all good because I believe this contributed to them lasting this long. I do believe I could have easily rocked this style for another two weeks provided I redid the flat twists at the sides!

Well, that's it! My twists are out and I am still trying to decide what to do with my hair tomorrow...

Do share your suggestions, additions, experiences and love!

Stay blessed and funky sisters!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute one Funbi!! I love the mohawk-ishness! (LOL)



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. protective styling is the business!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New growth, gotta love it! Looking good Ms. Funbi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Precious : lol I agree!! Love it too!

    @ Tinuke : No doubt sis!

    @ Kiianah : Thanks sis!! Yup, love the new growth!

    Thanks sisters for all your encouraging words! You are all a great support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to keep my mini twists for two weeks, but I had to wash my hair. I have gotten so used to washing my hair every week that my scalp was itching because I kept on thinking about not going two weeks without washing my hair. When I did I took precautions to make sure they did not shrink and look old,but they shrunk and looked like they were 3 months old lol. Your growth is wonderful, I still tend to touch my hair too much in a protective style. I have really really bad hand in hair syndrome lol.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chimdalu! I don't think I can wash my twists, I'm scared they'll get all tangled up and shrink terribly. YES I understand your hand in hair syndrome lol. I also got it too while I was wearing the twists, I just loved touching my twists and playing with them...thanks for stopping by sis, I really appreciate it along with your kind words!!
    Stay blessed!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top