"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hair Update : Small Twists At Last!


Hi ladies!

Here is an update of what's been happening with my hair.



On Monday night, I started this protective style and finished on Tuesday.

I do like it, in fact, I like it a lot.

It's actually the first time I am wearing mini twists and I'm totally loving it!


The style consists of flat twists from the two sides and near the center of the head and the rest are all small twists.


Before styling, I'd washed my hair and done the rest (on wash day).

I used my styling cream for the flat twists and my gel for the twists. 


I believe this style took longer than three hours and it's because of the two strand twists. Other than that, it's pretty much a easy style.



I am opting to keep this style for the three weeks before wash day, by the grace of God. 
It's a really low maintenance and a fun as well as elegant look at the same time.


I am sorry for the pictures but I couldn't really get a good close up.

Today I put the twists at the back in a bun and wore the ones in front in a pompadour.

Tell me what you thing!

Stay blessed and funky sisters!



7 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love your twists. They also look very neat. I hope you can keep them in for three weeks as u stated.
    I am also wearing mini twists. I love them, I can wash and deep condition them as well. I am on my third week with my mini twists. I am planning to keep them in for four weks, if I am sucessful, I will put myself on a challenge to wear mini twists for four weeks at a time for the next three months or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis!! I am also loving your mini twists. I can't wait to get to the level where I'll be washing my twists and DCing too. Wow, those twists have lasted! The challenge sounds like a great idea and a very good way to retain more length!! Thanks again sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I need to try something like this soon. I've been wanting to do flat twists on my hair for some time. Now, if only I were able to flat twist (neatly) .... I can only roll-twist and thats the easiest thing in the book, lol.



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Precious : Thanks sis! Twisting your own hair starts by the roll-twist lol so go from there and keep practicing...you'll see you'll be twisting in no time at all.

    @ Ms-gg : Thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top