"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Adùn

source

Adùn is the yoruba word for sweetness or something sweet. When saying the word, I can't help but savor it, the very word sounds sweet. Adùn brings to mind everything sweet, everything that makes life sweet, from delicious food to the delicious moments we send with the ones we love; adùn reminds me of past experiences, yummy ones we can never forget but secretly recall to relive the ecstatic moment; adùn is sweet to say, tasty to the lips and pleasant to the mind. May whatever constitutes an adùn in your life never become bitter in Jesus' name. Amen.

Stay blessed and funky always!

4 comments:

  1. You're Nigerian! I should have guessed by your name but so am I :) I'm not Yoruba though I'm Efik.



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am!! Wow! Naija for life right? lol. Nice to meet another Nigerian sis!!! Do you go back frequently?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yess Naija for life! Lol. No I really don't visit, last time I went I was very young. But I hope to go in 2012!



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the grace of God I hope so for you too! Naija is sweet o! lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top