"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Friday, February 4, 2011

Weight Loss : Short Term Goals

source

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share with you my short term goals that I have actually already started working on from the 1st of January this year, so with no further ado, here we go :


- Stop eating candy : I am not a child anymore but I have a sweet tooth like one! Growing up, I didn't loose the habit of indulging in sugary delicacies! I have to admit this has contributed to my weight-gain during these past few years and it's terrible habits like this I want to shake off. I have to admit though that I have not had candy since last year December but did have chocolate one or two times while studying (not an excuse). 

- Stop eating too much : I hate starving myself and do not believe in anyway is the solution to loosing weight but these past months, I have noticed I tend to take bigger servings! That is certainly one of the things I want to stop.

- Stop eating too late : Everyone knows eating at a time after which your body can actually use/burn the calories in the food contributes (no matter how small) to weight gain and it also depends on what you eat. I have a bad habit of eating more at night than during the day especially ever since I started studying late into the nights and messed up my circadian cycle. I have to admit, I think this will be one of my 'die hard' habits.

- Exercice at every given chance : Last year I started ignoring the elevator and taking the stairs at every given chance (except for sometimes when I'm too tired from work), walk to school (from a farther bus stop). I would also like to start dancing again. I used choreograph songs for my sister and I but since I started uni, I have stopped but I miss it so much. What better way to loose than to do what you love? I would also like to start watching some of Billy Bank's videos. I did start going to the school gym last year but started experiencing some pains and I have stopped until further notice.

- Only drink water and un-sugared orange juice : This I have already started working on and I can nearly say I have achieved this goal. Water is GREAT when trying to loose weight not only because it has NO calories but because the more water we drink, the quicker toxins will be washed out of our bodies. Avoid drinks with sugar in it (especially coke and the like) even orange, or other juices that have sugar  in it. When sugar is not burned well...y'all know the rest...it adds up.

- Avoid fatty food : This is another challenge I am still working on. Everything such as oils, white bread, pastries etc. are being avoided (trying to be avoided at least). Being the only one on this journey at home, it is quite hard to prepare what everyone will eat, then what I'll eat. I am still trying to work around this. 

- Eat lots of vegetables and brown bread instead of white : This one is a consequence of the latter. I am still working hard on it though I have made progress...

Well...for now, that's it for my short term goals. I would like to have reached these by March and move on to other things! Do you have weight loss goals also? Do you have any suggestions? If so, please share!

Here I go!

Thanks for all the support so far dear sisters!

Stay blessed and funky!




2 comments:

  1. sounds like a very great plan. i really need to do these things too and cut down. good luck!



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun!! Keep us updated on your journey too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top