"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, February 7, 2011

Weight Loss : February Update

source

Hey ladies I pray all is well with you all! 

It's been a little over a month since I decided to live a healthier life, that is, eat healthily and watch what I eat, not just to loose the excess weight but also to have a healthier lifestyle. I have to admit, I feel much better than I did last month, and I do see a difference, not only in my weight but in the way my body is working and responding to my lifestyle.

So here is a quick résumé of everything : 


What I wanted to achieve :

*  eliminate sugary foods from my everyday life
*  make water my main liquid intake
* eat more fruits and vegetables
*  exercise at every given chance
* Stop eating fatty foods
* loose at least 2 kilos/4.4 pounds


What I achieved :

* eliminate sugary foods from my everyday life : though I still eat one or two things that do have sugar in them (but I only eat these things cause my mom makes them and it's not every day) I have succeeded in putting an end to eating candy, chocolate and any other sweet stuff on a daily basis.

make water my main liquid intake : I drink water every day and I try to reach for it instead of juice. When I do feel like drinking juice, I reach for a 100% orange juice that contains no added sugar.

eat more fruits and vegetables : I try eat fruits when I feel the urge to eat something sweet. Though I still do not eat fruits everyday I do try to eat vegetables everyday. 

* exercice at every given chance : I choose the stairs instead of taking the lift; I go up and down the stairs a lot at work; I walk at least 15 minutes a day.

*Stop eating fatty foods : I have lessened my intake of oily/fried food but I am yet to stop completely.

* loose at least 2 kilos/4.4 pounds : I have succeeded in doing this!!! When I got on my weighing machine on the 1st of February, I was shocked to see I was down 2 kilos/4.4 pounds!!! 


How I achieved it :

* I ate lesser portions at a time
* I increased my daily exercise
* I ate more fruits and vegetables
*I substituted sugar for honey
*I substituted fruits for candy
*I tried o only eat when I was hungry
*I ate food that had lots of water in it
* I avoided fried food
*I stopped eating fast foods 


Well, there you have it! This first month has definitely been a change! I changed a lot of things and though it was difficult at first, and I am still adjusting, I am getting the hang of it step by step. Everyday is a journey and it still takes an effort to stop myself from reaching for a bar of chocolate and instead take an orange from the fridge but having my ultimate goal, which is, a much healthier eating habit and body, at the back of my head motivates me to stick to my eating plans. I am definitely impressed by the weight I lost, I know it's not much but I feel much better and even those around me have begun to see the difference. The latter is not at all the reason I'm on this journey, but it's encouraging to hear people notice. If you are on a journey like mine, all I can say is "keep on going!" It takes nerve, discipline and strength but in time, you'll get used to it and you'll see results!

Stay blessed and funky sisters!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats Hun!!! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sis! Thanks for your love and support! It is much appreciated. God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top