"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Soul Food : Submission

Hi everyone! I pray all is well with you!

This week's verse is found in the New Testament, in the book of James :

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you"  
         
   - James 4 : 7

This verse is a truly powerful one. Firstly, it tells us to be submissive to God, that is, to let God take over our minds and hearts so that we will not "lust after envy" (verse 5) or become an enemy of God (verse 4). Secondly, it instructs us to resist the devil and the consequence of it is, he will flee. That is, when we feel tempted by the devil, whether in thought or even action (the devil acting through someone) we should resist as it is also said : "...flee from youthful lusts..." (2 Timothy 2:22)! But the only key to resisting (that is strength to resist) is God. By submitting to Him, we will be able to resist the enemy and the devil will have no choice but to flee!
What power! This verse has changed my life! I can now exercise the authority given to me  by Jesus Christ and say "devil I resist you from my mind, from my life, so therefore, you have no choice but to flee as it is written in the scriptures!"
Thank God for liberty!

May God bless you all richly and may this word minister to you as you go in and come out during this week!

6 comments:

  1. This is such an uplifting post!!! Thank you for the verses Funbi :)

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. To God be all the glory! I'm so happy it was of help and as always it is my pleasure!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great verse! Definitely powerful. Got to always remember this :)



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Precious! God be the glory! Thanks for stopping by too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a powerful one, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top