"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Soul Food : Reliance

"So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours..."
- 1st Corinthians 3 : 21 

This is this week's verse. 

I was stunned when I read this and I just couldn't help but think. Paul further goes on to say in the next verse that "whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas[c] or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours...". He emphasizes the "all things are yours" by repeating it again. Now this is Paul talking to the Corinthians about his apostleship along with Apollo's and Cephas' apostleship towards them and warning them about the "wisdom of the wise".  He says in verse 20 :  “...The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” 

This means God knows everything and even the wisest of the wisest of this world can run all they want, looking to accumulate their knowledge but no one, can never "out wise" God. He knows all things...How wouldn't He when He made all things? He made time, He made the universe and everything in it,  He made man from dust so how can any mere man think he knows or ever know more than our awesome God. 

This is also a warning to us, to stop running after mere mortals, or trying to get connections to get this job or to enter that school! The Bible says "the thought of the wise are futile!" So our running around to gain this person's approval or try to be friends with that person is quite frankly futile! It is written clearly, "all things are yours"! How amazing is that! I don't have to tremble when I need something and look through the white pages to see which big man or rich individual I should call for help. I say again, "all things are yours"! Isn't that enough to make us jump up and glorify God? Well, When I came into the knowledge of this awesome treasure I was paralyzed with joy and relief. All things have been given to me through Christ and I am His.

This is made clearer when we recall these scriptures : Isaiah 41 : 23 "...ye are gods..." and in Romans 8 : 17 "then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ". 
So you see, it is no surprise everything is ours.

So what exactly is ours? Well...everything! Paul states this clearly saying : "the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours...". I feel like laughing when I read this and I never get enough! Everything! No authority or principality can push me around and deny me what is mine! Is it a job you need, or a visa, maybe a child, or peace of mind, maybe even a permit or passport, or maybe deliverance...Jesus is saying today "everything is yours."

Now it's up to you! To receive anything from God who gives and who has given us everything we own (1st Corinthian 4 : 7), you must BELIEVE and not doubt for it is written : "But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." (James 1 : 6) but if you do not believe : "That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord" (James 1 : 7). Faith is the key to getting anything, and I mean absolutely anything from God, doesn't the Bible say that : "... because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11 : 6) So firstly, believe in God, even before you start thinking of whatever request you have. Then when you believe in Him, well, you will believe in His word and when that happens, seek Him continually and bring whatever your request might be repeatedly before Him, without any shadow of doubt that He has answered you and He will surely reward you! That means, not only will He give you what you asked for but He will reward you for your diligence! What an awesome God we serve!! I just get so excited when I read verses like this! God is not a liar (Numbers 23 :19) and He will truly accomplish the word He has spoken if you only have faith.

So how do you get faith? Well ... " faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ." (Romans 10 :17). This means that faith is an active responsibility! You cannot sit down and say "well faith will fall on me from heaven" no, not really, it does not work that way. Getting and building faith is a process and it starts  by reading the word of God! Fill yourself with the word, get deep in it and make it your daily bread!!

It really is that simple. Refrain from relying on men and running after them to accomplish this or get that, all you need to do is believe, get on your knees and ask!!!
Easy right?
So try it!
God is true and so it His word. We have been given all things along with salvation and we have become joint heirs with Christ, how much more the little things we worry about everyday!
I pray God guides us and teaches us how to believe with all our hearts and boldly bring our requests to Him!  Amen. This is God's will for us and it is clearly written in Philippians 4 :6 : "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 
So who can threaten me or make me afraid? No one! My Father has given me - and all of us - the key to everything I need!

Stay blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Very insightful! The Bible is such a wonderful thing <3

    Anyways, I really enjoy your blog. Would you like to follow mine? Simply comment on one of my posts to say you followed, and I will follow back 100%.

    Thanks so much, and keep up the good work!

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nia!! Glory be to God!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top