"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What She Wore : Oh Africa!


Hi divas!

I just wanted to share with you the outfit I wore to Church on Sunday. 


This is not exactly a "traditional" Yoruba outfit but it is an African outfit, or more specifically Nigerian. I love wearing my Native outfits because I just love to represent my heritage.


The top has really short sleeves so I had to rock a black cardigan with it.
Unfortunately, the pictures are a bit blurry, but please keep praying for a good Nikon or Canon for me!


Here is the necklace I wore, which my mom actually passed down to me. I love it and sometimes feel I am not yet ready to own such jewelry... I was supposed to wear the matching earring and hand chain but ran out of time. Now looking back, I'm thinking I shouldn't have worn it because this necklace seems to call for big occasions.

Complete outfit :

- Nigerian style outfit - top and skirt - made out of Ankara material
- black cardigan
- black shoes (not pictured)
- red multiple beads chain with gold pendant
- Gold chains
- brown banded watch
- "bow" styled  gold earrings

As you can see, this was also the first day I rocked my new protective style! 

Courtesy of my baby sis' iPhone (shout out to my baby girl!).

Tell me what you think!

Stay blessed and funky sisters!

5 comments:

  1. can I have that necklace? You looke absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can wait until I get a chance one day to get some authentic African pieces.

    Also, I simply adore that you embrace your heritage:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tinuke : Lol!! Thank you sis!!!

    @Ms. Cee C : Thank you so much. You should be able to get some online or even in some specific boutiques depending where you go. Thanks again for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty! Don't we all want to upgrade to a canon lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Yes to the canon! lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top