"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hair Update : Another Protective Style


Hi ladies!

I pray all is well with you all!

Earlier today, I put in another protective style and I wanted to share it with you.




I was actually supposed to have done it on Saturday but I didn't get to. No, I did not wear a roll and tuck style to church on Sunday as I'd thought I would because after battling with my hair a few times, I realized the roll and tuck was a style that needed practice.



Anyway, back to the new protective style. It's a bit similar to the last one but in the front I put in two strand twists and the back is totally different.


I did it hurriedly and made the flat twits a bit big because wash day is this week and I'm only going to wear the style for a few days.
I pinned the ends of the flat twists towards the front with bobby pins. I am happy with the style and was surprised that the two strand twists in front look better than I thought they would. Nevertheless, if I were to do this style again, I would work on improving the style.


Items used :

- 2 mirrors
- bobby pins
- rat tail comb
- clamps and bands to help separate hair

Products used :

- daily moisturizer
- leave in conditioner
- sealing butter




Time spent :

(More or less) 1 hour and 30 minutes.
 





That's it!

If you have any suggestions, additions do share!

Stay blessed and funky sisters!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely style!! I might try some braiding soon with my buns/ponypuffs/clip-up protective styles (I'm very lazy when it comes to braiding though, LOL.)



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sis! Do try some twisting/braiding and you'll be surprised at what you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funbi's this is too cute! Are you on YouTube? I would looove to watch your tutorial vids for naturals like myself who need help in the twisting/cornrowing department. Guilty as charged! Lol, great style Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiianah thanks!! I am actually on YouTube but I havent uploaded for a while now! I would love to make a tutorial if it would help you! Thanks again sis! All your kind words are truly appreciated! I'll notify you when I get to make the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!!!! You have such nice thick hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ms-gg : Thank you sis!

    @ TInuke : Thank you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Would love to know how to twist but no one will teach me :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you funto! Try doing some yourself and you'll improve!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top