"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hair Update : Exam Hair

source


Hey!


Just a quick update on what's been going on. Well I have just finished my exams and this is my first free weekend  from the beginning of the year. While studying, I mostly wore berets and beanies because one, I did not have the time to do my hair and two, which is the cause of the first reason, I was still looking for a good, low-maintainance, protective style I could rock at any time any day and that would protect my hair against the cold.




The only things I did for my hair during my study period was moisturize daily, at least once a day and I had chunky twists all through. Last time I had exams (August 2010), I had my hair in puffs and afros and well, all the combing and picking was quite damaging to my hair.


When it comes to exams, I would advice you to keep your hair in a low maintenance protective style like two strand twists, flat twists or anything of the sort. Buns are also great too but if you cannot be bothered to get up each morning to put your bun in place then don't do such a style. You could just cover your hair all through, but personally, I did not like covering my hair because one, I just love wearing my hair out and two, I didn't like not being able to put off my beanies after entering a warm room or running for cover when someone playfully attempted to take it off. 


If you do decide to wear your hair in a low maintenance protective style, remember to moisturize often and wear a satin bonnet when you go to sleep or wear caps.


Seriously ladies, if you are studying, and do not have to time, do not stress yourself about washing or styling your hair. I did wash my hair once while studying but it was because it was an emergency. I do like styling my hair even if I have exams, just to take a break and have a bit of fun but if I really don't have the time I don't do it, especially when it's washing my hair which can take a while. 


So next time it's exam time, try taking some time to think about how you are going to manage your hair during the study period and you can even draw a plan. This can mess your hair regimen plan up a bit but as soon as you're done with exams, you'll be back to your routine so don't worry.


That's it for now. That was my exam hair. Next time will sure be better! Do you have any suggestions? Please share! What kind of hair do you rock during exams? Do tell!


Stay blessed and funky sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top