"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weight Loss : Loosing The Weight...Forever!

source



Early this year, I stumbled upon a blog that featured Jennifer Hudson. The blogger stated that she had lost weight and it was great... The picture on the post looked something like this one and I was shocked. Skeptical, I did some research and I was flabbergasted to find it was true! In fact Jennifer is said to have dropped from a size 16 to a whooping size 6! I was shocked!
I am glad I saw this post because it only boosted my already existent goal to loose the excess weight I have been carrying around for too long. 
Now I know what y'all thinking : "What is she talking about? Isn't this a hair blog?" Yes it is, but this blog is so much more than that. Not only has my going natural affected my whole life tremendously, it has also, along with my quest to keep it 100% healthy, birth a desire in me to live a totally healthy life, body, soul and spirit.


So back to Jennifer Hudson. I am really happy for her, not because I think she was ugly before or her old body mass was problem no, but I am happy for her because she set her mind on a goal (goal to loose weight) and she accomplished it. 

Now I'm not talking about Jennifer alone, I am talking about all the other ladies out there who set their minds to really loose the weight, not just so they could fit into their wedding dress and forget all about it later, or because they want to look good for summer, no I'm not talking about crash-dieting, I'm talking about really making it a lifestyle! I congratulate these women because I myself know that reaching such a goal does not only demand just making a decision but also a certain state of mind; there are good days and there are bad days; it's a constant every-day battle to exercise discipline and make the best choices. 
If you are one of those ladies, please get up and take a bow. LOL. But seriously...
I have made some goals I would like to reach both long-term and short-term goals. 
Follow me in loosing the excess weight forever and making this a healthy lifestyle and you never know what we might learn or find along the way ;)

Do you have stories about wight loose? Tips? DO share!


Stay blessed and funky sisters!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't this amazing! I was in awe when I saw her she looks great! I have no motivation to work out in the winter. I'm more of an outside workout type, I can't be in the gym so once the weather breaks I'm back on my weight loss grind but I don't want to crash diet either.

    I've cut out eating after 8pm, no added sugars, no high fructose corn syrup and *gasp* no meat! Never really been big on meat anyway but I'm gonna do it for 6 months and see how my body responds. Good luck Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. deff no sodas! :) I need to change my eating habits ey (i just ate a bar of chocolate an hour agoo grrr)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you sis. Your blog does not have to be just about hair. I realize that once you go natural, you want to treat your whole body whole, if that makes any sense. I have to say that even though I am a size two, Jennifer Hudson is a great motivation for me. Her success helped me to drop the extra pounds I was carrying around since I had my last baby two yrs ago.
    My first tip is strong determination to be healthy and look good(lol)

    Don't overstress yourself, the weight did not accumulate in one day, it takes time to come off.

    Do simple activities like walking everyday for one hour.

    Do not starve yourself. Eta what you want but watch your portions( a lot of people may not agree with me on this one)

    Check out my Blog every Saturday for health and fitness tips.

    All the best my sister. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kiianah : I totally understand the whole workout thing! But I have joined my University gym and it's okay.
    Wow I've also stopped eating added sugars and I'm also done eating meat!
    Thanks for your advice sis! It really means a lot.

    @Blogger : Yup Definitely no more sodas for me! I stopped sometime ago! lol but don't beat yourself up about what you eat, it really takes time!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    @Tinuke : Thank you so much for the advice and support! I am trying to take it one step at a time and not to beat myself when I eat something I consider not too healthy. I am still trying to integrate physical activities in my schedule...I'd actually needed to stop the gym because of knee pains. I do try to walk whenever I can instead of taking the public transport and I am thinking of biking to school again. I am definitely not for starving! I hate the feeling of void lol. I wish I could eat what I wanted but most of those are not so healthy so I'll try and eat healthy tasty food! I have been checking out your Saturday fitness tips and I have been inspired. Thanks a lot for all the support!


    God bless you sisters!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top