"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Friday, January 21, 2011

Natural Hair ABCs : Why Detangle?

source



When I first went natural, I asked myself this question : is detangling really necessary? I read articles that told me it was and watched videos that illustrated the process of detangling but I just couldn't admit the fact that detangling was an essential part of a healthy hair regimen. Well, the first few months were okay because my hair was still short so I got away with no detangling (at least during a wash). But as my hair grew, I began to understand just how important detangling was. Here are some reasons why detangling should be included in your hair regimen :
- Detangling makes the styling process much easier, in fact, styling without having detangled beforehand   is terrible!

- Stops knotting and thus reduces breakage while styling

- Helps to stretch hair bit ; this makes your styles look neater

These are major reasons why detangling should be included in every natural's hair regimen. In fact, after failing to detangle your hair a few times while washing, the necessity to detangle will become suddenly evident!

Stay blessed and funky sisters!


4 comments:

  1. I love this post!!!
    Just like you, I never detangled in the first few months of my journer, did not need to.
    Detangling is so important it's not even funny...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis!
    lol you are too right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First things first.......I love all of your posts!!!
    Okay lol, My name is Egodi (I'm Nigerian too) a.k.a. CurlyQ (my newly natural hair is the reason for that nickname) and I was wondering if you could help me. I'm so lost on how to properly take care of my hair. Can you give any good tips that an amateur can follow? I just turned 17 and I'm on my own with my hair since my mom won't help. Much love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Egodi.
      Thank you!! & thank you for stopping by :) It's always a pleasure to meet other Nigerian sisters and brothers.
      Check out these posts for natural hair care and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ;)

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top