"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beanies & I



So far, my hair has spent most of the fall and winter under my beanies, berets, and scarves.





The number one reason for this is : no time. In between school, work, blogging, wash days, family and friends, sometimes, I find I have no time to put my hair in a style.

The second reason is : out of ideas. The fact that I still don't have  protective styles I can easily wear and rock for days at a time, means I have to style my hair daily. The latter is not only time consuming but also not wise during these cold months.

The third reason is : low manipulation. I try to touch my hair as little as possible to prevent breakage. So when I cannot come up with a style for the week, well, I prefer not to style each day so I just put on a beanie or beret for the day. Sometimes, I do try styling for Sunday.

Now that you know why beanies/berets/scarves can save are heaven sent for my hair (lol), here are a few tips I've picked up for wearing them :

1. Wear a satin bonnet underneath them : I seriously cannot stress this enough. This prevents unnecessary breakage by helping your hair retain moisture and stopping excess friction that could lead to breakage, especially for your edges. If you do not wear a satin bonnet, then make sure whatever you are wearing is made of satin

2. Always wear with care : try wearing your beanies/berets/scarves with care to avoid unnecessary rubbing against your hair (even with the satin bonnet underneath)

3. Twist your hair : To protect your precious ends, it is best to twist your hair underneath of your satin bonnet. Don't forget to moisturize and seal your hair before twisting!

That's my journey with head gear so far.
How do you wear your head gears? What precautions do you follow?
Do share!

Stay blessed and funky sisters!

6 comments:

  1. I love beanies as well. I just wish I could wear them at my job, I would so do that everyday cause its so time consuming styling my hair everyday. I will probably be braiding it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sis, I see what you mean! Beanies have saved me many times in the past! Do update us when you braid your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha don't feel bad sis, I have a beanie in almost every color imaginable! They are for sure a lifesaver on those "bad" hair days or when you just don't feel like twisting or styling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kiianah! I think I need to step up my beanie game lol ;) Thank God for beanies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of the time I can't step out of the house without a beanie on. My hair is too dang crazy. I just got one of these - http://meanbeanies.com/peak-beanies/ignite-big-bob-peak-beanie-grey - it keeps things under control!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top