"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Friday, December 31, 2010

My Funkiest Things of 2010

credits: freedigitalphotos.net
2010. What a year! I cannot lie, this year has been one of those years...I have learnt a lot, not only about the world and people that surround me, but also about myself and the God I serve. Many of my plans have been deferred and I've shed tears on more than one occasion, but overall, God has been good. There is no doubt about that. God has definitely saved my skin more than once and has never given up on me, even when I've given up on myself. So many disappointments! I found out people are only just that, people, if you rely on them too much, you might just get hurt. Ups and downs here and there. Oh, not to mention my rocky just beginning natural hair journey. That was another journey all by itself, both psychologically and physically.
But through it all, it has truly been a blessed year! I look back and all I can do is just thank God! He is truly faithful through it all. I have nothing but thanksgiving now even though things didn't go as I'd thought. God knows best and I'm glad my life is in His hands!

Here is a list of my favorite things during this year:


- The Holy Bible
This year, I have grown closer to God and I have developed a hunger and new understanding of His word. His word has truly been a light to my path and a lamp to my feet.


- My phone 
I have a Nokia E series and it is not much but this phone meets all my needs communication wise. Simplicity and essentiality all in one.

- My laptop
If I didn't have one, I would not be blogging or even documenting my natural hair journey at all. 

- The Natural hair online community
This year, I discovered a community of women I never knew existed. I'm talking about the Youtube natural hair community, the natural hair blogs, and forums...I was amazed. I found help and support from women I did not know personally but that felt closer than some people I've even known for some years. I found women I could relate to and that were probably going through the same thing as I was. I realized I was not alone on my natural hair journey and I was encouraged by their stories and lovely words. Thank you ladies! I love you all.

- iPod
Oh how faithful you have been ;) This iPod has brought me many moments of musical enjoyment or just a pleasant ride in the bus.

- My sister
I'm talking about my baby sister. She and I became much closer during this year. Generally, she is the one who is closest to me out of all my siblings but I guess this is because the rest are quite far apart from us in age. She has been morally supporting, physically present when needed and given me reality checks  many many times. Thanks for being there sis!

- My parents
This year, withstanding all the ups and downs, my parents have been very comforting and understanding. 


- My camera
Only recently - after starting my Youtube channel and my blog -  have I developed a liking to taking pictures. It has now become a hobby of mine and I am believing God for a more suitable camera.

- University
Apart from all the studying and work, I did enjoy a big part of the time I spent in school this year. 

- My Praise and Worship team
I am part of the praise and worship team at Church and this has been a blessing both spiritually and to my voice. Thank you to all my brothers and sisters in Christ that have been supporting even without realizing it.

- Coconut oil
I love this product. Need I say more?

- Shea butter
This year I discovered shea butter. It is one of the things I can now say I cannot go by one day without using

- Coconut milk
This was one of my staples for my hair this year but I have recently stopped using it.

- Black soap
A staple for life

- My iTunes library
This year I have enjoyed a selection of gospel, Jazz and RnB songs that have been very inspiring and comforting to me.

- My bike
During the first half of the year I went to school on my bike and I was amazed how much I loved it and how physically rewarding it was

- The library
I have taken a liking to studying in the library simply for the fact that I can leave the noise and all the temptations attached to studying in my room to concentrate in the library

- All my favorite online stores
I have purchased most of my hair care products online this year and I am glad such stores exist.

- My make-up bag
Everything I need for the perfect look in one place!

Well that's it for now. If ever I've forgotten something, I will be updating you ;)
What are some of your favorite things?

Stay blessed and funky as we enter this new year 2011

4 comments:

  1. Wow..... I love this post. Thanks for encouraging us to be grateful for what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sister! It is my pleasure!
    Happy New year in advance!
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post sis! This is very inspirational in encouraging us to reflect over the things we're grateful for having in our lives. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sis! It's my pleasure. Happy New Year to you too!
    God richly bless you

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top