"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Haul : All the way from Africa!

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone's good and enjoying this amazing holiday season.

A few weeks ago, my parents arrived from their trip to Nigeria and with them, came some goodies I want to share with you.

First of all is coconut oil:



Yes it's brown!  I was also shocked. My mom said this is the original oil pressed out of the coconut before it is centrifuged. Well, something like that. So before I even tried using it, because I was so skeptical, I did some research and I was surprised to see that I could barely find a thing about brown coconut oil! I did find something that was more or less the same thing my mom said. So I used it. One thing I absolutely loooooove about this coconut oil is that is smmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeelssss so gooooood! It smells exactly like coconuts and it is so strooong. Seriously speaking, it is not like the other coconut oils I've been purchasing, of course they also smelt like coconut but the smell of this brown coconut reminds me of coconut candy or a very sweet delicacy like that. I've used it for my creams and even deep conditioning treatment and all I need is a tiny bit of this for my hair and whole body to smell like sweet sweet coconut. When it comes to the potency of it's effects, I cannot really say but it seems to have the same effect as other coconut oils.


Second is the handmade natural sponge:



When I was a child, I used to see this sponge around. My parents didn't really use it so often and I never really cared about it. Only until recently. Last year, after I started having skin problems and wanted to start some serious exfoliating, I decided to try this. And I did not regret it! I have been using this ever since. It serves as a great exfoliating tool and is so soothing to my skin!


Third is the raw honey:


This raw honey is thick and does not look like it had undergone any physical or chemical change whatsoever. I have not really used a lot of it because I want to save it but it smells great and has the same benefits as regular honey, if not more.


Fourth is the black soap:


This is not the original version of the black soap. Originally, it looked like every other black soap but it was rather flaky compared to the other ones I've used (especially ghanian ones). I mixed it with a few things and voilĂ ! I love black soap! Now, the whole house is following my example!


Fifth is the raw shea butter:


Last but not at all the least is 100% raw shea butter! I don't need to say much about this but right now I am using this from head to toe and the whole house is also doing the same!


Well that's it for now! My parents got these much cheaper than I'd get it over here so if ever you know anyone going to Africa, especially West Africa, be sure to ask them (nicely) to help you get anything you might need.

Stay blessed and funky 

4 comments:

  1. Wow nice goodies. Can't wait for my mom to go to Nigeria to get some of these stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY NICE! I love fresh, natural products, those work the best!!!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for stopping by! You are definitely right! I am not wasting my money on commercially over prized products anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top