"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Did someone say MOISTURE? : Daily Spritz


With naturally dry and coarse hair, moisture is one of the main pillars of my hair routine. In fact, moisture is or, should be if it isn't already the case, a very important part of a natural's everyday goal for her hair. Unfortunately, being clueless at the beginning of my journey, I found this out the hard way. I deep condition for moisture and this is also my desire when I condition but even then, it is not enough. During washes, I always need something else to give my hair the moisture fix it needs. That something I use is my daily spritz mix. I spritz my hair virtually everyday but only because I need it. This ritual has helped me retain a whole lot of moisture and stopped breakage. 

Here is my recipe:

- about 7 oz (200ml) of water 
- 2.5 oz (75 ml) of glycerin 
- about 0.5 oz (12.5 ml) of coconut oil
- a few drops peppermint essential oil (optional)

You can substitute the water for Rose water, which has worked very well for me, or Aloe Vera juice but I don't use Aloe Vera juice anymore.

What is your daily spritz recipe? Any tips?

Stay blessed and funky sisters.

2 comments:

  1. I get excited when I read about moisturizing spritz as my hair NEEDS daily moisture as well. I use water, aloe vera juice, coconut oil and few drops of rosemary oil.

    I would love to feature you on my blog. Your blog is very informative and I believe that you can be an inspiration to a lot of women. Please accept my request to have you featured on my blog. You can click on the tab that says "be featured on Coilybella's Haven" and there you will see different ways by which you can be featured. Send your information to coilybellahaven@gmail.com

    I really hope that you consider this.
    Take care and have a happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I love reading about moisture and finding new ways to give my hair the best I can of it. Your mix sounds great but dare I make a daily spritz without glycerin? ;) I will have to try your recipe!

    Sis, I feel honored to hear you want me to be featured on your blog! Seriously I am just in awe. It would be all my pleasure to do so. I will try and do this as soon as possible by the grace of God.

    Again thank you for your proposal, I al deeply touched.
    God bless you and may this coming new year 2011 mark the beginning of greater things in your life and family, amen.

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top