"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The search for the ultimate protective style! #1

Hi ladies!

It's Wednesday today, exactly three days after I took out my twists . And believe it or not, they only lasted one week! Yes just one week. First of all, they had not been so neat since; they were the first ever twists (with extensions) I had succeeded in doing on my own. I wish I had a good picture of it but the deal was they were not so neat. Nevertheless, that was just part of reason why I had decided to take them off on Sunday, the other reason was: I can't stand my hair in extensions anymore. Yes, that is the truth. I don't know about you ladies, but I just can't. I easily just miss my hair.
But as I had pointed out on my last post, winter is fast approaching and I need a protective style I can rock in peace and all confidence. So...I have been playing with a few styles now but none of them seem to look neat enough or presentable enough or pretty enough. I have tried "faux hawks" with flat twists and two strand twists and even other flat twist styles but at the end of it all, I always come to the conclusion that my hair is too short for any of those styles yet.  It's strange because I see a lot of natural queens with short styles on YouTube and it looks great on them...but just not me, I guess.
This morning, I finally decided to rock another type of protective style...I pulled back my hair with pins, pinned it down and rocked it with a pompadour in front. I liked it but it could have looked better. I tried imagining how it would be when it gets colder but I couldn't help but think my protective style was not "protective" enough. Sure, nearly all of my ends were tucked away but what about keeping my hair moisturized against the cold air? All I could think of was keeping my hair as moisturized as possible before stepping out and keeping my ends as healthy as possible.
But wait, the search is not over! I am still on the look out for a flat twist style I can wear out in the winter without worrying about the well -being of my hair and about how I look.
For now, all I can do is wrap it up!

tyty!x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top