"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Goodbye Summer

Two days ago, while returning from work, I was shocked to see people in jackets and cardigans. Is summer over already? I had asked myself and reluctantly, I had had to admit the obvious. Where I live, the fall is already fast approaching and all the signs are all about : from the cold winds to the cooler nights and even shorter days. So, things are going to get cold again, what's in it for my hair?
For one, we all know that the cold air dries natural hair and that only causes one thing: breakage and breakage most certainly does not grow hair! In fact, this is the time to start considering which protective styles to rock during the cold days to come.

Personally, I have been considering what to do. I presently have on twists (with extensions) I did myself last week but I am not pleased with it because it already looks very untidy and apart from that I miss my hair. I am considering protective styles without extensions because of one reason : my hair always looks different in the extensions, actually, odd is the word. I have been thinking about doing two-strand twists with flat twists. This style, of course, would be low maintenance and I would maybe wash every two or three weeks. For now, nothing is sure until I take off my hair and experiment a bit. My problems are : my hair is still quite short and I want something that would be neat and presentable anywhere, even at church.

Well I as I say my goodbyes to the long summer days, I leave you with just one thing : protect your hair!

tyty!x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top